Virtual Veggie Lunch
Wednesdays at 12:30 (CT)
Join us on Facebook each Wednesday in April (and May 6) for a LIVE cooking demonstration by staff member, Meg Grier. Cook along with Meg or view the archived videos and try the recipe at your leisure.
Click on your recipe of choice:
5/6/20: QUINOA PATTIES
4/29/20: CAULIFLOWER BOLOGNESE
4/22/20: CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
4/15/20: CAULIFLOWER WINGS
4/8/20: POTATO TORNADOES
4/1/20: VEGAN RISOTTO (it’s delicious and that’s no joke!)
Speaking of food…We are making a cookbook for a fall fundraiser!
Have a favorite vegetarian recipe of your own? Please email Meg with the recipe and any photos.
Social Opportunities with your pals at the Blue House!
Here are some ways to socialize with other students during this time:
All times are in Central unless otherwise stated.
4/1: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm. View video.
4/3: Game night via Tabletopia; 7pm.
(must download app and make an account)
4/8: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm. View video.
4/10: Movie night-Paris is Burning via Netflix Party; 7pm.
(must download the free extension then look for the link from Meg. She will also send via Remind & FB)
4/15: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm. On the menu: Cauliflower Wings!
4/18: Trivia Night via Zoom; 7 & 7:35pm. (2 games). Email Meg firstname.lastname@example.org for the link and password.
4/22: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm.
4/29: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm.
5/6: Veggie Lunch via Facebook; 12:30pm.
What can we do from home???
- Contact your local retirement homes and see if they are participating in letter writing campaigns for the elderly. Or go to lovefortheelderly.org to send letters to nursing homes around the nation.
- Clear your pantry and donate to any of the Tulsa food pantries.
- If you are able and feel safe to do so, assist high-risk neighbors with grocery delivery.
- With many primary school students shifting to homeschooling, many parents need help. If able, consider volunteering your services to support families during this time.
- Volunteer your services for tutoring and babysitting for families needing assistance in taking care of their children.
- Participate in the Crisis Text Line to start a long-term volunteer opportunity in which you assist individuals through counseling.
- Catchafire can assist volunteers in finding remote opportunities that match their skill set and check out VolunteerMatch.
- Many local charities are still looking for volunteers, including Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps and Meals on Wheels.
*While the LBH strives to be inclusive, our decades-old building provides challenges to this imperative. We are looking for support of our upcoming project to install an ADA accessible ramp at the Little Blue House. Please contact us if you can help us with this goal. We are working to increase the physical accessibility of our property and are committed to expanding this as we continue our renovations.