The Little Blue House (LBH) was founded on a mission to foster an interfaith voice for peace and social justice, as well as to provide a safe space for University of Tulsa students on campus. As a home-away-from-home, the LBH will continue to operate as a place of solace and community for our students. However, to truly be a “safe space for all” we recognize that the physical health of our students is paramount to that mission. Therefore, in light of the current pandemic, we are implementing some changes to our space and programming so we can continue to accommodate all of our students in a safe environment.
- To maintain social distancing, student groups may meet in the Blue House with a limited capacity of 12. Masks are required.
- Program Coordinator Meg Grier is available to help student groups and can offer suggestions for outdoor programming. Email: email@example.com.
- The LBH will continue to serve our weekly Veggie Lunch on Wednesdays.
- However, to maintain social distancing, we will be offering lunch as take-out only at this point. Our hope is to resume in-person lunches at some point this fall.
- We will have environmentally friendly take-away containers, however please feel free to bring Tupperware to help cut down on waste (and take away left-overs!)
- Lunch will be inside and students will enter through the front door, take their lunch, and exit through the back door.
- Weather permitting, the LBH will host outdoor, socially distanced, Veggie Picnics where you can eat your take-out lunch on the house’s grounds with other LBHers.
- We have a picnic table which is available for use with Veggie Lunch.
- The LBH is your home on campus, and thus the house is available should you need it. However, to start the semester, access to the house will be by appointment only as we monitor the health situation on campus.
- The door code will be sent to all students.
- The LBH staff, Linda and Meg, are available to talk and can meet individually with students. Please reach out to them if you need support or advice!
- Masks are required to be worn inside the Little Blue House at all times (including during Veggie Lunch food pickup).
- Hand sanitizer and soap will be provided, so please use them and wash your hands.
- If you believe that you have recently come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or if you are experiencing any symptoms yourself, please refrain from coming to LBH. We urge you to consult with TU’s medical experts at the Alexander Health Center (918-631-2241).
- In order to ensure the safety of all students at the Little Blue House, please contact Lindsay if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have symptoms.
- Staff will monitor CDC guidelines and adapt our plan as necessary.
For up-to-date information on the University of Tulsa’s COVID-19 plan and resources, visit: https://utulsa.edu/coronavirus/