15/hrs per week salaried for the nine months of the University of Tulsa’s academic year.
(with additional hours as necessary during June for Tulsa’s Pride week)
The Little Blue House (LBH) seeks a Program Assistant strongly committed to the values of social justice and inclusive spirituality that the LBH represents. The Program Assistant is responsible for managing and maintaining the LBH’s programming in line with the mission of the organization: “Fostering an interfaith voice for peace and social justice on the University of Tulsa campus.”
The Program Assistant is the primary contact and support for the students. Candidates must be qualified to provide guidance, counseling, and support to University of Tulsa students through one or more of the following: receipt or working towards a counseling/ psychology/social work degree, ordination as a minister, receipt or candidacy for M.Div, or commensurate experience.
Current student groups are: Pride, Society for Gender Equality, Earth Matters, and Headstrong (mental health). The LBH also provides a weekly Vegetarian Lunch and volunteers in the local community.
In coordination with the Executive Director, the Program Assistant (PA) shall develop a strong relationship with students and persons associated with the Little Blue House and wider community. The PA shall promote understanding and tolerance.
The PA is responsible for the organization and implementation of programming at the LBH, continuing current programming, and developing new programs. The LBH offers retreats, social events, volunteer opportunities, milestone celebrations, interfaith and multicultural programming, and other programs related to social justice activism. The LBH strives to encourage compassion and discern the call for justice within the community and the university.
Job Duties Include:
- Coordinate student groups
- Organize and attend weekly Veggie Lunches
- Work with LBH programming committee to develop programs for the academic year and for Tulsa’s pride week in June
- Hold bi-weekly LBH leadership meetings with student leaders
- Assist Executive Director with LBH outreach and communications when requested
- Receipt or working towards a counseling/psychology/social work degree; or ordination as a minister, receipt or candidacy for M.Div; or equivalent experience
- Experience with marginalized groups, such as: LGBTQ, disabled, and/or mentally ill persons
- Food handler’s license (may be obtained upon employment)
- Experience with wordpress, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and social media
- Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited four-year institution
Anticipated start date is August 21.