15/hrs per week, for the nine months of the University of Tulsa’s academic year.
(with additional hours as necessary during June for Tulsa’s Pride week)
The Little Blue House (LBH) is looking for a candidate who is strongly committed to the values of social justice and inclusive spirituality that the LBH represents. Candidates must be qualified to provide guidance, counseling, and support to University of Tulsa students through one or more of the following: ordination as a minister, receipt or candidacy for M.Div, counseling/social work degree, or commensurate experience.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for managing and maintaining the LBH’s programming in line with the mission of the organization. The Program Coordinator is the primary contact with and support for the students. This position reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) and is accountable to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, which includes monthly programming reports, and weekly check-in meetings and communication with the ED.
Current student groups are: Pride, Society for Gender Equality, Earth Matters, and Headstrong (mental health). The LBH also provides a weekly Vegetarian Lunch, and volunteers with the local food pantry.
The Program Coordinator shall develop a sound support relationship with persons associated with the university and others who choose to be involved. The PC shall be present at important points of crisis in the life of the university and community, promoting understanding, and seeking reconciliation of persons to themselves and others. Student support is primarily the responsibility of the Program Coordinator, but will be done with the coordination and support of the Executive Director as needed.
The LBH shall offer opportunities for worship, retreats, celebrations of the holiday seasons, alternative breaks and other occasions deemed appropriate for interested community members, and social justice activism. The LBH strives to encourage compassion and discern the call for justice within the community and the university.
Job Duties Include:
- Facilitate student groups
- Provide student support in their times of need/crisis
- Creating connections and growing the LBH presence on campus and in community
- Maintain communication with students via email and in-person announcements regarding upcoming events/opportunities at TU and within the community
- Work with the ED to plan/program weekly Veggie Lunches.
- Worth with LBH programming committee to plan programming for the academic year and for Tulsa’s pride week in June
- Hold bi-weekly LBH leadership meetings
- Represent LBH at student-interfacing TU functions including: Preview TU, Activity Fair, Homecoming, Campus Ministry Fair, etc.
- Provide monthly programming reports to the Board of Directors
- Ordination as a minister, receipt or candidacy for M.Div, counseling/social work degree
- Food handler’s license (may be obtained upon employment)
- Experience with marginalized groups, such as: LGBTQ, disabled, and/or mentally ill persons
- Social work, counseling, or pastoral care experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited four-year institution
Please send resume with cover letter to Linda Davis at: email@example.com by
August 1. Anticipated start date is August 21.